The City of Winder is taking applications for the position of Laborer with the Natural Gas Department.
A laborer performs a variety of skilled and semiskilled activities as part of a crew, the purpose of which is to construct, maintain, and repair the City's gas services. Employees in this class may be rotated among crews. An employee in this class is expected to use/operate a variety of small and medium equipment (i.e. shovel, wrenches, jackhammer, others). An employee in this class is expected to exercise initiative and independent judgment in assisting other crewmembers with the more technical activities.
Applications are also available at City Hall, 45 East Athens St., Winder, Georgia 30680. Applications must be completed in its entirety and resumes can be submitted along with application. Applicants who have an application on file should contact the HR Department to request submission of application for job posting. The deadline for accepting applications is July 30, 2012. The City of Winder is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be 21 years of age
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License and maintain valid license and good driving record
- Work standby and overtime as required or scheduled (evenings, weekends and/or holidays, if necessary)
- Ability to pass drug testing and pre-employment background check
- The ability to use good judgment when working in potentially hazardous and emergency environments
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to operate basic equipment and machinery
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl; and smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to perform heavy physical labor, including having sufficient strength to lift and carry tools and materials weighing up to 65 pounds.
Posted: July 23, 2012
City of Winder Employment Application