The City of Winder is accepting applications for the position of Customer Service Representative with at City Hall. Under general supervision, performs a variety customer service and clerical duties involved in the billing and payment processing for utility billing, business licenses, and performs other duties related to collecting, processing, and recording City revenue. This position requires knowledge of proper billing processes with a high level of confidentiality and problem solving skills, and the ability to provide accurate, timely, and courteous service under stressful and adverse circumstances.
Must be able to pass a drug test and willing to submit to a background screening.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Handles confidential files and materials.
- Process cash receivables; accept payments over the counter and process through the cash register; open and process mail using the posting module; upload information into computer system; run daily cash receipts report to verify daily deposits amount; balance with daily deposit reconciliation receipts.
Provides customer service and assistance to the public with billing questions.
Processes customer’s requests for utility services.
Prepares and updates customer service records and reports.
- Greets customers and directs them as appropriate, responds to inquiries from the public and provides accurate information.
- Perform a variety of general clerical duties including typing, maintaining files and records and performing data entry and retrieval of financial information using a computer.
- Ensures that proper forms are received and customer’s identification is verified.
- Performs credit checks for utility applications.
Enters new service and disconnects.
Set up new customer accounts and creates service locations.
Coordinates cut off work orders for delinquent accounts.
Submits unpaid utility accounts to collections.
- Assists customers with payment arrangements within established policies.
Retrieves and processes mail for payments.
Assists the Finance Department with resolving billing issues.
Scans all documentations to accounts.
Notes accounts in the billing system.
Responds to a variety of customer service requests.
Maintains active communication with management and departmental staff to define and perform required tasks.
Communicates with other departments and public agencies for the dissemination of information.
Performs related duties as assigned.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in customer service, accounts payable or utility billing.
- Ability to pass a criminal background.
- Work evenings, weekends and/or holidays as required.
Applications are available at cityofwinder.com (Complete Employment Application) or at City Hall 45 E. Athens St., Winder GA 30680. Applications must be completed in its entirety and resumes can be submitted along with applications. The deadline for accepting applications is September 7, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. The City of Winder is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: August 27, 2012