The City of Winder is accepting applications for Certified Police Officer with the Police Department.
Individuals considered for employment will be responsible for performing routine patrol, responding to emergency calls, enforcing federal, state and local laws, investigating crimes, and participating in community relations programs. Competitive salary and benefits, Deferred Income Program, paid vacations, holidays, comprehensive medical plans, vision, dental insurance, Life Insurance, critical insurance, take home vehicle program, and a Defined Contribution Retirement Plan. Must be able to work a 12 hour shifts including on-call status, nights, weekends, holidays, court dates, and overtime.
Must maintain a valid line of communication such as home or cellular phone.
Must Complete City employment application.
- U.S. Citizen
- Georgia POST Certified Police Officer or police certification from another State
- Possess a valid Georgia driver's license
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or GED (college degree is preferred)
- No felony convictions
- Must be computer literate
- Pass an extensive background investigation
- Anticipated starting salary for certified officer, $34,000 - $36,082 depending on experience