Fire Administration includes the Fire Chief's office, fire prevention bureau, training division, and administrative offices. This division is responsible for budgeting, fleet maintenance, procurement, training, professional standards, fire prevention, payroll, personnel, and secretarial/support staff duties.
(Billy Sheridan Fire Headquarters Building)
Built in 1935, the building was home to the Winder Post Office. In 1964, Winder City Hall moved into this building after the Postal Service built its new facility at 101 North Broad Street. City Hall remained at this location until October 2004 when City Hall moved to its present location at 45 East Athens Street. Upon City Hall's departure, the Mayor and City Council turned the old City Hall upstairs offices over to the Winder Fire Department. After 13 months of remodeling and renovation, the fire department offices opened for business on November 14, 2005 at the present location of 90 North Broad Street.
On February 7, 2006 a proclamation was issued from the Mayor naming the fire headquarters building after Councilman Billy Sheridan(deceased). Councilman Sheridan served the City of Winder for 35 years consecutively. The Winder Fire Department held a special place in Councilman Sheridan's heart.