NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC: Hurricane Irma Clean Up
Safety, Debris and Other Items
The City of Winder’s first priority is to clear public roads and sidewalks to ensure that the public can safely move around the City. Once all public roads are open, we will increase our efforts to remove storm-generated debris piled at the curb in front of residences on the City right-of-way.
Residents should not attempt to place construction garbage or other household refuse with the storm-generated vegetation debris as it will delay the clean-up efforts.
Residents are encouraged to be patient during this process. The removal is expected to take several weeks.
Curbside Guidelines for Residents
- Do not place debris on top of utilities, e.g. cable, phone, electrical, storm drain boxes or fire hydrants.
- Do not place debris in front of or around a mailbox since the City will be using equipment to remove the debris.
- Do not block or dump any debris into storm drains or ditches. This will cause a flood hazard.
- Do not block sidewalks with debris.
- Please assist the City by sweeping excess and loose debris from the street in front of your residence into your piles for removal.
Typically the City of Winder will not remove storm debris from non-residential property unless it was generated on the City’s easement or is vegetation blocking a public street.Please contact the City of Winder at 770-868-0863 for storm debris questions.